Mom's Daily Tests & Meds - Current

A continuation of Mom's Daily Tests & Meds

Thursday, January 11, 2007

BE Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1254
    Reading:  120
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1259
    BP:  122/59
    Pulse:  52

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2149
    Reading:  110
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Nice stats all around, yes? The three lisinopril per day is kicking in. I don't want her BP to go any lower, particularly her diastolic, than it is, but I like what it's doing, now, and it's reduced ranges of flare.
    Breakfast, ormal, I think. I can't remember what kind of, oh, yeah, except for the includion of, let's see, Mom had two compact but very flavorful and sweet slices of a home town bakery's cinnamon raisin bread whole wheat bread, better and sweeter than my mother's, which I remember from my childhood. I also slathered these with Vietnamese cinnamon and insisted on her aloe vera gel. Sometimes I forget this and she isn't of the opinion that it's necessary to remind me.
    Lunch: She did have peanuts and coffee. Her nap was average, a little over an hour. She felt very good afterwards, especially when she noticed that this new hairstyle seems to survive sleep, at least naps.
    Dinner: More than Mac & Cheese with all the regulars, substituting green chili for green bell; adding sun dried tomatoes and, of course, extra cheese, this time Extra Sharp Vermont White Cheddar. Perfect meal for last night. We both ate hardy.
    No extra glipizide. Third lisinopril just before bedtime.
    Her Bowel Expulsion occurred just before retirement. Considering how long and how much effort it took, Mom and I were both surprised that it was only an expulsion; poor volume; thick sludge consistency; very challenging clean-up.
    She retired at 0030, 1/12/07, after a very satisfying leg rub down. She didn't even stay up for the second M*A*S*H. Her light went out at 0100. She did not arise during the night, which I'm sure was a relief to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home