Mom's Daily Tests & Meds - Current

A continuation of Mom's Daily Tests & Meds

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BM Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1410
    Reading:  147
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1435
    BP:  142/63
    Pulse:  55

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2101
    Reading:  100
P.M. Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Breakfast: Normal, except for substitution of an apple/walnut roll instead of toast. I still put the cinnamon on it; Vietnamese. Also gave her an extra 10 mg glipizide.
    Lunch: Coffee and peanuts.
    Dinner: 1 3.5 oz bag of microwave popcorn (not "lite" in any respects) and a glass of V-8 juice with curry powder. No aloe vera gel. I had intended to make a Just Desserts dinner but that flopped and I had to throw it away. So, Mom decided, next best thing is popcorn. Lots of it.
    She did nap, and wasn't terribly active, but, I notice, at night, her prodigious sleep is catching up with her, as, she is laying down for the night then rearising and staying up for awhile within her first hour "in bed". Also, she's been actually peeing in the bathroom after going to bed a lot, lately. I assume this is good. It's certainly good for me. We're averaging about three short bath days a week, which means three days when I don't have to wash and disinfect her bed, and often can put off doing a wash for a day.
    I am determined to measure her BP every day from now until we see her doctor again in March, now that I've got her on three 10 mg lisinopril tablets a day. I'm thinking she might could even use four, but, I'm not sure about this. Her diastolic is dropping to its lower limits on 30 mg, even when her systolic is up. I know that measuring her BP is hit and miss. Yesterday, for instance, her arm was tight all the way through. The day before she talked while I took it. So, you know...but, I am noticing that it's going down a little here and there, even when it's "high". So, I'm satisfied, now, with whatever reading I get.
    Oh, we didn't rub down Mom's legs, last night. Neither she nor I felt like it.
    Her Bowel Movement occurred at 1835: Excellent volume; fair consistency (the turds were flat, thought I'd mention this, it surprised me); very easy elimination; challenging clean-up.
    She retired, first, at 2330. Her light went out at 0015, 1/11/07. Then, she went to the bathroom twice and finally, at 0045, stayed up and read and channel surfed until I went to bed at 0130.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home