Mom's Daily Tests & Meds - Current

A continuation of Mom's Daily Tests & Meds

Thursday, January 4, 2007

Three Quarter Stat Day:

A.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1129
    Reading:  136
A.M. Blood Pressure:
    Time:  1138
    BP:  155/73
    Pulse:  54

P.M. Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2015
    Reading:  176
Blood Pressure:
    Not taken

    Even though I took a casual vow that I would not stat, today, I did, anyway. The BP was clearly a mistake. MPS was already here, they had a "delighted" reunion as Mom awoke, about which you can read over at the main journal for this date, Mom was, of course, in a hurry to get up, get bathed, get dressed, why I chose to take her BP I'll never know, but I did, so I'm recording it. Yes, she continues to receive three 10 mg lisinopril per day.
    Breakfast: Normal, with the substitution of Pangea Bakery's Raisin Cinnamon Swirl toast with extra Vietnamese cinnamon.
    Lunch: Damn, I'm trying to remember, writing this two days hence: Could be that we lunch-munched our way through a variety of goodies, although I don't remember much eating that afternoon. Oh, yeah. Popcorn, with extra butter, and a movie. Thus, the dinner BG didn't surprise me. She received her second glipizide during the popcorn "lunch".
    Dinner: Bone-in ribs roasted in a Hoisin-based barbeque sauce and my own cole slaw. Yes, Virginia, there was dessert, following quickly on the heels of the dinner (during which my mother had her third 10 mg glipizide of the day): An freshly stewed apple/pecan/spice concoction over a piece of a vegan ginger cookie, topped with Baskin Robbins ice cream.
    Although the day wasn't particularly active, she was up a lot and MPS slept a lot, so, you know, one way or another someone was always sleeping, except me.
    No one stayed up to savor the visit. Mom retired halfway through the second L Word episode, at 2330. Her light went out at midnight, 1/5/07.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home