Mom's Daily Tests & Meds - Current

A continuation of Mom's Daily Tests & Meds

Sunday, January 7, 2007

BM No Stat Day:

    Man, what a day was this day! First, I awoke before sunrise, one of my favorite things to do, which hasn't happened in a loooong time, probably over a year...well, except for trip days. Anyway, I was stoked. Got a lot done, including some reading. I've become extremely interested in economics and figured, in the flush of a serendipitous book store gift card, to begin learning something about it so I can think intelligently about it. I began the first of two books I ordered yesterday morning. Invigorating.
    I had other plans, you understand, regarding awakening Mom. She awoke sometimes around 1100, but announced that this was clearly too early. She had not leaked through, so we changed her underwear and after a short conversation in the bathroom, she went back to bed. I went back to a variety of tasks and interests. I remember thinking, "If she isn't out by 1400, I'll start working on her."
    Around noon I decided to take a nap. I wasn't all that tired, I didn't think, and would be awake well before 1400, especially if I slept out in the living room, on the couch, in the sun, which I abhor on principle but which felt drowsily warm, yesterday.
    When the sound of the bathroom door awakened me, I hazily looked at the clock, locked onto the couch between two cats in Deep Sacred Sleep mode. 1460. Omigod.
    Mom only needed a short bath. I gave her a hefty breakfast, including the last of those apple walnut pastries, sausage and eggs.
    I guess the extra sleep hurt neither of us, but the entire evening shimmered in a haze. Not much conversation, although what there was, was pleasant. Mom pretty much watched TV. I was in robot mode and entertained myself labeling here in the early sections. We were both awaiting The L Word.
    Long story short: I made it, she didn't. I watched both showings of the first episode. Promising season, although I was not satisfied with the "Shane" story line. So far, it seems gratuitous, although entertainingly surprising. I was amazed by the abortion episode...I wonder where that's going to go! Wow! Over all, though, I would have appreciated a few more minutes devoted to fleshing out teasers. I'm also sorry their not bringing Kim Delaney's congresswoman back into the story line.
    So, let's see, that takes us to 0100. Mom went to bed about halfway through the first showing the the above mentioned episode. No dinner. Only one set of pills throughout the day, her morning meds. There was a lunch, I think, or was there? Yeah, she lunched on something, I just don't remember what it was.     I didn't eat anything. Hunger just wasn't hanging around, yesterday. I drank plenty of coffee, though, then ended up sleeping through much of the afternoon.
    Anyway, after television, I can't remember what I did, I think I was on the computer for awhile. Yeah. I caught up with lapsed labeling days here. Then, I discovered I was too tired, feeling drugged, really, to even make it into my bedroom. I set up the couch and slept. Until 0399. What?!? Well, that was probably dream mixed with reality. That's what I remember the clock saying, and me thinking, Better head for bed. I stumbled in, leaving on the desk lamp next to Mom's rocker in the living room. I don't remember settling into bed. I think I was asleep before I did that.
    This morning (1/8/07), I awoke a little after 0900. Very rested, thank you. Mom's been up once, we've changed her underwear, and she's back in bed. I am keeping in mind that she went to bed early last night, before midnight, but am reluctant to awaken her off schedule, knowing that yesterday didn't give her much fuel on which to run. She looked and felt good this morning, though, around 1000.
    There was a Bowel Movement, although I remember it in a haze and am not sure when it occurred...perhaps precipitating her short bath. I remember the volume being "very good", easy elimination, it surprised both of us, in fact; hard/smeary consistency; not the easiest of clean-ups. I found myself reminding my mother, as she objected to the cleaning process, that this isn't one of my hobbies, cleaning her ass like this.
    So, there you have it. An outrageous day, no stats, m'am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home