Mom's Daily Tests & Meds - Current

A continuation of Mom's Daily Tests & Meds

Saturday, November 22, 2008

BM Partial Stat Day:

AM Blood Glucose:
    Time:  1501
    Reading:  164
Not taken

PM Blood Glucose:
    Time:  2211
    Reading:  176
 

Medication Changes:
  • 200 mg ibuprofen with breakfast for general purposes, although I used her complaint of temporary lower back pain while she sat on the toilet for bathing (a common complaint in these circumstances) to gain her approval for it
  • Although I probably should have noted this over the last three days it became so routine so suddenly that I didn't. I thought it was predicting a new level of Business as Usual: Today I dialed Mom back to 4/lpm while sitting for most of the time from after her breakfast to her nap and she breathed fine and easily. I've had her on 5/lpm almost constantly for the last three days and fairly frequently over the last week when sitting. But, today, her lungs seem to be more relaxed. I'm not sure whether it's because we're exiting a "Bad Cancer Cycle" set of days or because of the AM ibuprofen, but I'm grateful. Her nose isn't irritated nearly as much (when she's on 5/lpm she sneezes a lot, no matter how much KY Jelly I use on her nose) and her nasal membranes were not irritated enough, today, to bleed.
    Bowel Movement:  Occurred during bathing. Good volume; good but somewhat hard consistency; easy elimination; very easy clean-up.
    Dinner:  Double pepperoni pizza with heavy sauce, light cheese and added Bermuda onion slices, chopped sun dried tomatoes and sliced, pimiento stuff olives
    Sleep:
  • Awake at 1430
  • Down for nap at 2000
  • Up from nap at 2200
  • Down for night at 0215
  • Awake 9.75 hours

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home